Blogging is one of the most valuable tools that businesses can use to engage with their customers or potential clients.
If you aren't blogging, I'd strongly reccomend that you start running one - no matter how simple. That, or get left behind other competitors in your market who have more unique content to attract their customers and draw them in.
We only started blogging at the start of 2013, creating content focusing around our own interests. Being a Cheshire Web Design company, we've become heavily involved in the technology industry and we spend a lot of our time blogging about the latest technology news, gadgets and gizmo's. We also try to help anybody who may be visiting our site and stuck on a particular problem that we may have come across in the past, therefore we blog about programming advice, tips and all-around guidelines to follow and make sure your developments are up-to-date.
Why Should I Blog?
That is a fundamental question you may be asking yourself - well here are a few points to consider:
- A blog is a simple, easy-to-use marketing platform for connecting and sharing relevant information with your (potential) customers. It keeps them up-to-date with your latest developments without them having to look any further.
- A blog is a way for you, as a company or individual, to voice for everyone to see new products, or services, comments and opinions on news topics or social media trends, and to push forward the advantages of your business. It's a place to let visitors know exactly what your business is about.
- A blog servers as the heart for your SEO. Search engines thrive off new unique content, and you'll notice the increase in traffic as your blog articles become indexed.
- A blog isn't bespoke to designers or developers - anyone is capable of writing content. You don't need a specific skillset to get going.
- A blog gets you thinking about what your customers will want to see. It makes you research into your field of work to get a better understanding of what is trending, and what people want to read and interact with or regarding.
- Statistics from HubSpot estimate that 60% of businesses that blog acquire more customers.
- Blogging interesting content increases your chances of having your content shared across social media websites, increasing your social media marketing and the overall reach of your article. The more your content is shared, the more the spiders web of connections grows.
- Running a blog doesn't have to be a chore. You can make blogging fun, engaging and something that you look forward to doing. A chance to openly speak your mind.
- Your blog acts as free PR. Blog authors (bloggers) are often interviewed by journalists as industry experts. This gets your business name out there and builds up your reputation.
- A blog builds confidence and relationships between customers and increases your sales. Customers will return to your blog and see your company as a reliable source of information on your industry. The more trusting they are in you, the higher they chance they'll come to you for your services.
- Running a blog helps strengthen your business focus. It defines who you are, what you're blogging for and why. The more focused your blog, the more likely it is to attract readers.
Still Not Convinced?
Here are some statistics about running a blog:
- 6.7MM people publish blogs on blogging websites, and another 12MM write blogs using their social networks. (Source: NM Incite)
- 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs. (Source: BlogHer)
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links. (Source: Hubspot)
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog. (Source: HubSpot)
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not. (Source: InsideView)
- 23% of total Internet usage time is devoted to social networks or blogs. (Source: Dream Systems Media)
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing. (Source: Content Plus)
- 81% of companies consider their blogs “useful,” “important,” or “critical”. (Source: Hubspot)
- Businesses that blog ≥ 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those who blog ≤ 4 times/month. (Source: Hubspot)
For even more reasons related to small businesses, content creation and social media impact please view this article: Top Blogging Statistics - 45 reasons to blog.
Interested In Partnering With Us?
If you're running a blog and would like to feature some of your content on ALJT Media, you can get in touch with us at any point. We have a list of criteria any applications must fit into and we will reply to everyone who gets in touch. We take submissions for unique content at any point.
Do you run your own blog? Let us know more about your blog and what you blog about. You can get in touch with us by mentioning #ALJTMedia on Twitter, leaving a comment on our Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn page, or writing a comment below.
Image Source: 19 Reasons Why You Should Blog